It’s a much more common problem than many think. So, what does it look like?
There are many symptoms of this strange ailment but the most common are:
- Faces on screen are blotchy as if sunburned, or a brown yellowish glow on the shiny areas.
- Bright areas on the screen are tinged with a light yellow or brown.
Solarization: A phenomenon in photography in which the image recorded on a negative or on a photographic print is wholly or partially reversed in tone. (From Wikipedia)
- Look at a color junk mail or color newspaper ad.
- Look for an ad that shows a “sunburned” or sunburned effect on the persons face.
- This is what you are looking for, the solarizing effect is very noticeable on faces.
The problem can be resolved if you get a Firmware Update for your LCD HDTV or Plasma HDTV
- A firmware update is a microcode update for the chips inside your set.
You will need to contact your supplier or manufacturer for this update.
And you may need to contact their service agent for this, sometimes it is complex, and this depends on the brand.
As an example however, if you have a Samsung LCD HDTV or Plasma, certain models can be updated yourself!
What happens is that Samsung will send you a USB key with the firmware on it, and following the instructions:
- You will be able to flash it or update it yourself!
- Unfortunately, this does not always fix the solarization problem, but it is definitely worth a try.
- Sometimes it is the fault of the station or network transmitting sub standard programming… Quality control?
Once it is updated, you can be sure that your set is working as well as it can…
Something you may be able to do if you have not yet bought a LCD HDTV or that Bargain Cheap LCD TV , is simply don’t buy a set that exhibits this problem.
One quick way to check the quality of an LCD display panel:
- Walk up to a set that is on display, stand up very close to it and look directly down or up at the screen
- A good quality display panel will not change much, you won’t see any change in the quality of the image.
- Cheap LCD TV sets with a lcd display panel that is prone to solarization, will look negative where the bright sections of the picture go darker, and the dark sections go brighter.
- Or it will just lose color and picture quality.
… If you really want to buy a cheap lcd tv, leave it there and keep looking, good ones are out there ….Unfortunately with Plasma HDTV, it is more complex.
You will have to try a firmware update to resolve the problem.
And it may involve a call to your local Plasma and LCD service center.
Remember to quote your Brand and Model Number, these details are on the back of the set on a sticker.
And your date of purchase if the TV is under warranty.
And it will help also if you Google it.
You will be surprised how many hits you get on a particular brand and model.
Why haven’t HDTV buyers been told these facts?
HDTV. Info. FAQ.
Click Here http://www.hdtvinfofaq.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=James_V_Palmer